17th June 2015
1. To make the dipping sauce, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve warm.
2. To make your tempura batter, mix together 1 cup plain flour and 3/4 cup of ice cold water.
3. Use the remaining flour to coat the cut vegetables. Then drop the vegetables in the batter mixture. Ensure vegetables are coated evenly.
4. Heat enough vegetable oil for deep frying in the wok. The oil is ready when the temperature reaches 180- 190c.
5. Carefully place 2-3 pieces of vegetables into the wok at a time. When the batter turns a light golden colour, they are ready. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Transfer to a serving dish and you’re ready to eat. Enjoy!